Six Practical Steps to Build Your Self-Esteem
- Stop putting yourself down to other people and yourself. You may want to keep a journal of how your negative self-talk is for one week. You may be surprised to notice you are not treating yourself in a loving manner. When you catch yourself doing this STOP and see a stop sign in your mind, the colors of the red background, the white letters and the shape of the sign. Say to yourself. “That is the old me, OMG, I used to be sooooo negative.” This is extremely helpful.
- Schedule pleasant events and activities. Meet up with a friend for lunch, a walk on the beach. Make art. Take a class you have been wanting to take. Plan a vacation. Do something FUN.
- Exercise daily. A walk around the block, go to the gym, play tennis whatever you enjoy. People who exercise a few times a week enjoy a greater sense of self-value. Your body was designed for movement. Find some physical activity that you enjoy and do it regularly.
- Get back in touch with your passion. get involved in creating your dream life. Our mind is always giving us new ideas. Listen and pay attention.
- We take care of what we love. Start treating yourself like someone you love.
- Be kind to yourself, you deserve it.
Good luck on your journey!